Thursday, November 29, 2007

Crocheting

So for those of you that don’t know this here it is… I crochet. You are probley thinking that I am not even a grandma yet and that I am too young. But it is something that I really enjoy doing. If I am not reading a book before going to bed I try to crochet. I love to give gifts to friends and what better gift to give than ones that are home made with love.

Recently I took a class at Michael’s to learn more than what I already know. The first class was very basic just learning the different stitches and how to add tassel and change the colors. The next class I just loved. I learned how to make slippers or booties what ever you want to call them. I know it just some silly thing you wear on you feet during the winter. But when all you know how to make is a boring scarf, slippers become quite interesting. So here are a few pictures. The purple and red is the one that I made in the class with scrap yarn. The multi colored one I am doing for myself. I need to finish it and start its pair.